Many think twice Grammy-nominated Neko Case started out in music with the Canadian pop outfit the New Pornographers, but she was around a bit before. Neko joined the Vancouver, BC-based trio Cub as a touring drummer back in the mid-90s and later formed the band Maow with Tobey Black and Corrina Hammond before starting her solo career with her Mint Records debut, the Virginian, and recording the Juno-award winning debut Mass Romantic with the New Pornographers. The Washington-bred singer, songwriter and producer claims no genre, nor utilizes any classic formula for her songs and vocal arrangements. More than anything, Neko thrives in the empty spaces in between the music. Neko’s developed a sound all her own: a mix of country, gospel, torch, and pop, and her five full-length studio albums, two live albums and sole EP have won her critical acclaim and countless devotees. When she’s not laying on the floor with her four dogs and two cats, Neko spends an enormous amount of time reading about and practicing organic gardening and horseback riding, and carpooling with her band members on tour.
- RT @Blackamazon: when kids get told " too many dream of being rappers and ballers" and then all of their schools get closed 12 hours ago
- in lurve @ Travis Heights http://t.co/13SxZArsEc 13 hours ago
- Don't forget about the @nekocase RSD poster contest! Enter to win http://t.co/lgxqCFC3Io (pls RT!) 13 hours ago
- *GASP* New Handsome Family!! http://t.co/EtZOmlIWAA 15 hours ago
- RT @TheGoobOwens: We need @pizzahut to sponsor @AustinVesely ! #SPONSORVESELY 1 day ago